CHAPTER I.-THE EXECUTIVE
The President and Vice-President
59. Conditions of President's office.-
(1) The President shall not be
a member of either House of Parliament or of a House of the
Legislature of any State, and if a member of either House of
Parliament or of a House of the Legislature of any State be elected
President, he shall be deemed to have vacated his seat in that House
on the date on which he enters upon his office as President.
(2) The President shall not hold any other office of profit.
(3) The President shall be entitled without payment of rent to the use
of his official residences and shall be also entitled to such
emoluments, allowances and privileges as may be determined by
Parliament by law and, until provision in that behalf is so made, such
emoluments, allowances and privileges as are specified in the Second
(4) The emoluments and allowances of the President shall not be
diminished during his term of office.