CHAPTER I.-THE EXECUTIVE
Council of Ministers
75. Other provisions as to Ministers.-
(1) The Prime Minister shall
be appointed by the President and the other Ministers shall be
appointed by the President on the advice of the Prime Minister.
(2) The Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the
(3) The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the
House of the People.
(4) Before a Minister enters upon his office, the President shall
administer to him the oaths of office and of secrecy according to the
forms set out for the purpose in the Third Schedule.
(5) A Minister who for any period of six consecutive months is not a
member of either House of Parliament shall at the expiration of that
period cease to be a Minister.
(6) The salaries and allowances of Ministers shall be such as
Parliament may from time to time by law determine and, until
Parliament so determines, shall be as specified in the Second