CHAPTER II.-THE EXECUTIVE
158. Conditions of Governor's office.-
(1) The Governor shall not be
a member of either House of Parliament or of a House of the
Legislature of any State specified in the First Schedule, and if a
member of either House of Parliament or of a House of the Legislature
of any such State be appointed Governor, he shall be deemed to have
vacated his seat in that House on the date on which he enters upon his
office as Governor.
(2) The Governor shall not hold any other office of profit.
(3) The Governor shall be entitled without payment of rent to the use
of his official residences and shall be also entitled to such
emoluments, allowances and privileges as may be determined by
Parliament by law and, until provision in that behalf is so made, such
emoluments, allowances and privileges as are specified in the Second
_118[(3A) Where the same person is appointed as Governor of two or
more States, the emoluments and allowances payable to the Governor
shall be allocated among the States in such proportion as the
President may by order determine.]
(4) The emoluments and allowances of the Governor shall not be
diminished during his term of office.