CHAPTER II.-THE EXECUTIVE
Council of Ministers
164. Other provisions as to Ministers.-
(1) The Chief Minister shall
be appointed by the Governor and the other Ministers shall be
appointed by the Governor on the advice of the Chief Minster, and the
Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Governor:
Provided that in the States of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa, there
shall be a Minister in charge of tribal welfare who may in addition be
in charge of the welfare of the Scheduled Castes and backward classes
or any other work.
(2) The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the
Legislative Assembly of the State.
(3) Before a Minister enters upon his office, the Governor shall
administer to him the oaths of office and of secrecy according to the
forms set out for the purpose in the Third Schedule.
(4) A Minister who for any period of six consecutive months is not a
member of the Legislature of the State shall at the expiration of that
period cease to be a Minister.
(5) The salaries and allowances of Ministers shall be such as the
Legislature of the State may from time to time by law determine and,
until the Legislature of the State so determines, shall be as
specified in the Second Schedule.