Volume IV, No. 1
17 February 1997


The John Doe Times is an on-line, electronic newsletter published by the 1st Alabama Cavalry Regiment (Constitutional Militia) and friends. We are a proud and active member of the "Right Wing Media Cabal", Internet Division.

Our motto: Sic Semper Rodentia! Usually we put in a lot of stuff about how to contact us, but we're in a hurry and besides, you're already reading this, so you managed to get here somehow.....



Have that old "hunted" feeling?

Remembering that when the FBI came for "Commander Pedro" Langan the sequence of events was:

"RATTATATTA!BOOM!BOOM!BANG!RATTATATTA!!POW!POW!RATTATATTA!!!......" followed by: "FBI! Hands up!!" ?????

Like to live long enough to worry about what to send Pastor Butler for Christmas?

Well, then, come on in from the cold, courtesy of the John Doe Times and the Constitutional Militias! We can arrange a media/militia escort for you to surrender to legally constituted Ohio authorities on the charges you now face as result of your shootout with the Ohio Highway Patrol. Bypass any contact with potential Federal assassins who might wish to do you in for what you know about the Muellers and the OKC bombing, or simply because they're trigger-happy.

We know you've probably made it to a "safe house" in Cincinnati by now, most likely courtesy of your Aryan Nations' buddy Ray Redfeairn. But remember, your leaders are almost all on the federal pad-- how long do you think it will be before one of them sells you out? Commander Pedro had a "safe house" too. How "safe" it was can be determined tonight by counting the patched bullet holes in the garage behind it-- more than fortytwo.

We are placing this message in a number of places you may have access to, along with a means to contact us. Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime offer. Whether you live, or die as "race warriors", is a matter of supreme indifference to us, but we would like to get to the truth about the Muellers and OKC. C'mon in from the cold, boys. Prison ain't much, but it's better than the grave.

-- Mike Vanderboegh

Editor, The John Doe Times


17 February 1997
Gun, Vehicle Connected To Man Questioned In Arkansas Triple Slaying
By Tom O'Neill
The Cincinnati Enquirer

WILMINGTON-- Police are investigating a potential link between a Spokane, Wash., man questioned in connection with a triple slaying last year in Arkansas and a shootout with police here in which two gunmen remain fugitives, sources close to the investigation here and in Arkansas said.

Pope County, Ark., Sheriff Jay Winters said Sunday night that Ohio State Highway Patrol investigators told him they had confiscated numerous weapons from the gunmen's vehicle, including at least one AR-15 military-style assault weapon.

The AR-15 is "the connector at this point. And, of course, the vehicle, but that could be coincidental," the sheriff said.

The Highway Patrol declined to identify the weapons taken from the light blue Chevrolet Suburban with Washington State license plates, but certain items give them "strong leads to who (the suspects) are," spokesman Sgt. John Born said.

The two men were videotaped by a recorder in the trooper's cruiser. The vehicle matches the general description of the vehicle, owned by the Spokane man, involved in the Arkansas case.

Sheriff Winter said the Spokane man isn't a suspect in the Arkansas slaying, but was charged by South Dakota state police Dec. 10 with possession of a rifle stolen from the slaying victim's home in 1995.

Arkansas authorities confirmed they had questioned the man after he was freed following his arrest in South Dakota and that he probably remains free.


JDT Commentary: The Equirer's delicate sensibilities apparently prevent them from naming the Aryan puke, Sean Michael Haines, 19, an Aryan Nations' linked skinhead. (See John Doe Times, Vol. III, No. 10.) His bond in the South Dakota case had been set at $50,000. How he managed to get out is a bit of mystery to us at this writing, but perhaps the ATF has acquired itself a new "pet Nazi" to add to its considerable stable.


The Enquirer is not naming the suspects because they have not been charged in the weekend incident.

"We have been in contact with Arkansas, we've looked into that," a source close to the investigation here said, "but we are unable to substantiate it."

The gunmen Sunday continued to elude police, who searched the rolling, wooded farmland in Wilmington. The search included use of infrared "body heat detectors" from a police helicopter.

Sgt. Born said he suspects the two men are out of the area, though some locals fear the two may be holed up in one of the many homes under construction nearby.

The FBI and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms have joined the search for the gunmen.


JDT Commentary: Our own sources in Ohio tell us that both FBI and ATF are "flooding in" with a "major presence". We trust they are going to take these fugitives alive, but will not be surprised if they don't. Contrary to practice, the ATF has an agent assigned full-time to the Mueller case in Arkansas to "assist" the local sheriff, even though the it is essentially a local murder case. When Haines was busted, ATF was "johnny on the spot" in South Dakota, immediately agitating to have the case turned over to them. There's something about the Mueller case that spooks both the ATF and FBI. Long-time readers of The John Doe Times already know OUR suspicions. New readers are encouraged to look up back issues for a full discussion of the case. (Go to:


The rifle taken from the Spokane, Wash., man charged in South Dakota once belonged to William Mueller, 52, of Pope County, Ark.. The bodies of Mr. Mueller, 52, his wife, Nancy, 28, and her daughter, Sarah Elizabeth Powell, 8, were found June 29 in the Illinois Bayou, a waterway near Russellville, Ark.

The family was on its way to a gun show when last seen alive by relatives June 9.


JDT Commentary: Wrong. Not "June 9", but "January 9" and even that date is somewhat suspect, with sources close to the investigation placing the last RELIABLE sighting of the Muellers just after New Years Day.


The Muellers, according to news reports, had ties to militia-type organizations.

During a burglary of the Muellers' home in 1995, numerous guns were stolen, including two that South Dakota authorities say were found in the Spokane man's Suburban.

The Wilmington suspects were stopped Saturday afternoon on Ohio 73, near U.S. 22, for a vehicle registration violation. When the driver refused to consent to a pat search and began returning to his vehicle, the passenger opened fire on a state trooper and a Clinton County sheriff's deputy before fleeing into the woods, police said.


JDT Commentary: Note the location the vehicle was stopped. It was about 15 miles from, and on the way to (or from, reports are conflicting at this late hour as to which direction the Suburban was headed) the charming little southeatern Ohio town of New Vienna, which happens to be the home of Ray Redfeairn, 44, Ohio leader of the Aryan Nations. UnterScheissFuhrer Redfeairn visited Commander Pedro's trial back in January with two of his blackshirts, in what some observers of the trial saw as an open attempt to intimidate the Langan defense. Redfeairn held a rally the day of the shootout, Sunday, 16 February, at the Statehouse in Columbus (scheduled from 1pm to 4 pm) to protest Black History month. The precise time of the shootout was not available to the JDT by presstime tonight, so we can only speculate if these bozos were on their way from the rally back to Redfeairn's. In any case, the site of the shootout so close to Redfeairn's Aryan lair seems awfully coincidental to this observer.


The driver, who fled in the vehicle, was spotted in a nearby parking lot a short time later by a Wilmington police officer, at whom the suspect fired several shots from a rifle, officials said.

One of those shots hit a passing motorist, Frank Marsden, 56, of Wilmington.

Mr. Marsden, who was going out for a belated Valentine's Day lunch with his wife, Mary, and his son, Chris, was treated at Clinton Memorial Hospital for a minor gunshot wound to the left shoulder.

"Soon as I turned, I knew I was hit," Mr. Marsden said Sunday from his home. "Everything happened so fast. A little bit over and it could have hit my head."

The driver also fled on foot.

"There were too many giunshots to count," gas station clerk Bev Sheeley said of the second shootout, which she heard. Moments later, she said, Mr. Marsden's son came in and frantically asked her to call 911 to help his father.

All three police officers fired during the incident, but there was no blood or other evidence to suggest that either suspect was hit, Ohio's Sgt. Born said.


JDT Commentary: My, my, what poor marksmanship skills these fellows exhibited. Of course, when the much-vaunted FBI fires more than 50 rounds at Commander Pedro and misses with everything but a shotgun wad, you can hardly blame state and local police for duplicating their poor performance. Somewhere, old Mr. Weaver is crying.


He added there was no indication so far why the men were in the area.


JDT Commentary: Has anyone thought to ask Redfeairn?


According to a Dec. 12 Associated Press article from Souix falls, S.D., deputy state attorney Mark Reedstrom said white supremacist literature was found in the Washington man's Chevrolet Suburban, and that the man admitted he was a white supremacist.

Sgt. Born said a complete inventory of the vehicle was still being made Sunday.


The Daily Oklahoman
14 February 1997
Page 1
By Nolan Clay, Staff Writer

Months before the Oklahoma City bombing, Timothy McVeigh's sister talked at a Christmas party of overthrowing the federal government and of a coming revolution involving her brother, the FBI reported in documents unsealed Thursday.

"You'll see in either April or May something is going to happen with my brother. I don't know what it is, but it's going to be big," Jennifer McVeigh said, according to a witness who spoke to officials with the FBI.

"There's going to be a revolution, and you're either going to be with us or against us. I know I'm going to be ready," she is quoted as saying.

A second witness said Jennifer McVeigh told him at a party: "My brother is part of it. I'll be ready when the revolution comes."

The recollections of the two witnesses are in an FBI agent's request for a search of her father's home in Pendleton, NY. The agent made the request April 22, 1995, one day after Timothy McVeigh was arrested as a suspect in the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City.

A judge in Buffalo, NY, U.S. Magistrate Leslie G. Fischio, approved the search, then sealed the request and an inventory of what was found. On Thursday, the judge unsealed most of the documents at the urging of The Buffalo News.

Timothy McVeigh, 28, is to go on trial March 31 in Denver. The former Army sergeant is accused of blowing up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995.

The explosion resulted in 168 deaths.

A friend, Michael Fortier, said Timothy McVeigh wanted "to wake up America to the danger of our federal govertment and their intrusions on our rights."

Jennifer McVeigh, 22, has been granted immunity from prosecution and is expected to be a government witness at her brother's trial.

A limited amount of the supposed party conversation has become public already-- through leaks to the media. Jennifer McVeigh, however, denied them telling anyone her brother was going to be involved in something big in April or May.

"I don't know where they got that," she said in 1995. She since has refused to discuss the party.

The documents unsealed Thursday provide new details about the recollections of the two witnesses at a Christmas party on the evening of Dec. 23, 1994. FBI Special Agent Gregory W. Jennings did not identify the witnesses but said their reliability was "unconfirmed but unchallenged."

According to the agent's request, the first witness said Jennifer McVeigh was "talking in revolutionary terms about the federal government and about overthrowing the federal government."

The first witness said he questioned whether Jennifer McVeigh was serious and she became belligerent. She then made the remarks about "something big is going to happen with my brother" and warned that "you're either going to be with us or against us" in the coming revolution, the witness claimed.

The first witness said Jennifer McVeigh went on to talk about how Timothy McVeigh taught her "weapons stuff" and "bomb stuff," according to the FBI document.

The second witness gave a similar account.

The second witness said that Jennifer McVeigh described during the party various ways to make bombs and said she had at least one book on how to make bombs. That witness said Jennifer McVeigh also said "something big will happen this spring; you're either with it or against it."

The second witness said Jennifer McVeigh specifically said "my brother is a part of it" while discussing her revolutionary ideas.

In an inventory of their search, agents reported seizing 33 items. They included letters, phone messages, books, photos, and a "tape" of Waco, Texas.

Agents also recorded finding a barbeque grill top "with paper ash and burned paper and photographs."

The Waco tape is not otherwise identified but is most likely one of the many documentaries on the federal government's conduct toward the Branch Davidian religious cult near Waco.

Timothy and Jennifer McVeigh have admitted they were upset over the government's handling of the conflict with the Branch Davidians.

Cult leader David Koresh and about 80 people inside the cult compound died April 19, 1993, when the FBI raided it after a 51-day standoff. The compound was destroyed when a fire broke out during the raid.

A federal investigation later concluded cult members started the fire.

Magistrate Foschio agreed to unseal the documents over the objections of McVeigh's defense attorneys, who worried his "fair trial rights would be undermined."

However, the federal judge did not agree to disclose a desciption by McVeigh's father, William, of his children's political beliefs and the titles of books seized from Jennifer McVeigh's bedroom.

The judge blacked out the description and the book titles from the FBI documents, saying it was "necessary to protect the personal privacy interests of Jennifer McVeigh and William McVeigh."

Timothy McVeigh's lead defense attorney, Stephen Jones, said Thursday he would have no comment.

Also charged in the bombing is a second defendant, Terry Nichols, 41. His trial will begin after a verdict is reached in McVeigh's trial. The next pre-trial hearing is to begin Tuesday.

In other developments, a geophysicist at the Oklahoma Geological Survey said he now thinks seismograph records "are not indicative of two explosions at the Murrah Building."

The geophysicist, Ray Brown, had asserted that one possible explanation for multiple blips on the seismograph charts was a second explosion.

Also, the judge in the bombing case ordered prosecutors to turn over to defense attorneys copies of a still-secret draft report on problems at the FBI crime lab. The Justice Department's inspector general has been investigating allegations of contamination and sloppy procedures at the lab.

The Justice Department has advised 50 prosecutors, half in state and local governments, that FBI lab problems could affect their cases. That figure might grow, Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick said Thursday.

"In each of the cases...there could be an issue raised by defense counsel," Gorelick told a news conference in Washington, D.C. "We're just going to have to see how each court reacts to each separate fact pattern that's presented."


14 FEBRUARY 1997
Recordings Show Only Blast, State Geophysicist Says
From Staff and Wire Reports

Oklahoma City-- A geo-physicist with the Oklahoma Geological Survey has changed his mind and says seismograph recordings made of the moments after the federal buklding bombing show only one explosion.

Raymond Brown said on a talk show interview on Oklahoma City radio station KTOK that he now concludes that the initial blast was transmitted and magnified by a geological formation known as the Hennessey Shale.

The readings show a second "event" recorded 10 seconds after the initial blast. Brown said it was an artifact of the initial blast.

About two months after the bombing, Thomas Holzer, a U.S. Geological Survey geologist in Menlo Park, Calif., reached a similar conclusion.

Brown's initial explanation in May, 1995 that the different readings could have been explained by different wave phenomena or secondary events was seized upon by those who believe two blasts occurred. He wrote Rep. Charles Key, R-Oklahoma City, in June, 1995 that the simplest explanation at the time appeared to be the possibility of multiple explosions.

Brown said that despite his new conclusion of how the two events were recorded, he couldn't say there wasn't some form of secondary blast.

Brown spent the past 20 months since the April 19, 1995 bombing studying seismic readings.

In other developments in the Oklahoma City bombing case:

** The Justice Deparetment has advised 50 prosecutors that FBI lab problems could affect their cases. And that figure might grow.

"In each of the cases...there could be an issue raised by defense counsel, " Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick told a news conference. "We're just going to have to see how each court reacts to each separate fact pattern that's presented" before anyone can say whether lab errors will harm the prosecutions.

But a lawyer for the whistleblower who first made allegations about lab errors said Gorelick was minimizing the problem. "The figure of 50 is considerably understated. We believe when it is finished it will be well over 1,000 cases," said Stephen Kohn, attorney for FBI scientist-agent Frederic Whitehurst.

Federal prosecutors preparing for the trial of Timothy McVeigh for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing have replaced one of the transferred lab supervisors, Dave Williams, with another expert witness from the lab as a result of the draft report.

McVeigh and Terry Nichols are charged with murder, conspiracy and weapons counts in the bombing. The blast claimed 168 lives and injured more than 500.

McVeigh's trial is scheduled to start March 31. Nichols' trial will follow, but a date has not been set.

Whitehurst, who triggered an investigation of the lab by the inspector general, has charged that parts of the lab are contaminated, that supervisors lack adequate scientific training and that lab reports and testimony have been biased in favor of prosecutors. A still-secret draft report by the inspector general supports some but not all of his charges, officials have said.

On Thursday, Colorado U.S. District Judge Richard P. Match told attorneys that the draft report may not be used in pretrial hearings or at trial by the defendants in any form, including use in cross examination of any witness. Match also said that copies of the draft report may not be furnished to anyone outside the case.

**On Friday, bombing victims will ask a federal appeals court to reconsider a ruling that prevents them from attending the trial of two suspects if they plan to testify against them, their attorney says.

"We have two arguments," attorney Paul G. Cassell said. "One, it's a very important issue that should be heard by all the judges,,, and two, the panel made legal mistakes."

The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled earlier that Match was within his rights to ban the victim-witnesses from attending the proceedings for McVeigh and Nichols.

Bombing victims and relatives had asked the appeals court to overturn Match's decision, contending he failed to consider rights defined in the Victim's Rights Act.

Oklahoma's six congressmen plus 22 others agreed to support the request as "friends of the court."

Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson said he will file a separate argument in support of the victims and has the attorneys general of the five other states in the 10th Circuit to join his effort.


Transcriber's Comment: If Drew Edmondson really wanted to help the victims he would get out of the way of a state grand jury request filed by Mssrs. Key and Wilburn. This is, we imagine, too much to ask. Thus does Edmondson link his political fortunes with a failing coverup. Sic Semper Rodentia.


**Sgt. John Avera, the police officer captured in a worldwide image of the federal building bombing as he passed the limp body of Baylee Almon to a firefighter, has retired.

Avera found 1 year-old Baylee's body in the rubble of the building, fished rocks and dirt from her mouth and handed her to firefighter Chris Fields.

The memory has haunted and changed Avera, who had been winding down his career in the forensics lab the morning a 4,800-pound truck bomb exploded outside the Murrah Building.

Avera, 48, was honored with a retirement party Wednesday at police headquarters. It was his last day on the force, closing out a 27-year career.

**McVeigh's sister said at a Christmas party before the bombing....(next seven paragraphs repeat information in Daily Oklahoman story reprinted above).

**In Denver, an attorney for McVeigh said that massive publicity in the case has tainted the ability of witnesses to accurately identify McVeigh.

Attorney Jeralyn E. Merritt said the witnesses' recollection was based "upon the massive and constant media barrage of the singular image of a charged defendant."

The defense is attempting to suppress the testimony of prosecution witnesses who are expected to identify McVeigh from encounters in the days prior to the blast.

The government attorneys have said the eyewitnesses can identify McVeigh accurately and were not affected by publicity.

Match plans to consider the eyewitness identification debate during a two-day hearing that begins Tuesday.



Back to John Doe Times Index