Reading and Learning Methods and Tools
|Click on the button to get the
indicated file format:
- Speedreading and Related Skills— Column: Jan. 13, 1998
Improved form of speedreading/speedlearning. The webmaster discovered
the technique independently.
Computer program designed to improve reading skills, especially speed.
Reading program to help you read faster while on the computer by
utilizing special display modes, such as tachistoscopic rapid viewing.
- Reading Acceleration Machine (RAM)— Freeware device for presenting
word-groups sequentially at a pace chosen by the user. It is a tachistoscope ("rapid-viewer") that supports efficient and rhythmic reading, rehearsal of text-comprehension, and acceleration in reading
Improve learning skills for all ages.
- Total Immersion language learning— Many schools do this. Here is one: Berlitz.
- Memory Techniques and Mnemonics— Collection of methods for improving memory and practicing memorization.
Etymology and historical linguistic analysis:
- Online Etymology Dictionary— Explanations of what our words meant and how they sounded 600 or 2,000 years ago.
- Historical linguistics, Wikipedia article — Gateway to the subject.
and Scansion— Poetry Analysis
- Versification— Poetic Analysis Terms