Legal Briefs Collection
|Click on the button to get the indicated file
- Amicus curiae brief of Jon Roland in Session
v. Perry, the Texas redistricting case, January 20, 2005.
- A Guide to Civil Rights Liability
under 42 U.S.C. § 1983: An Overview of Supreme Court and Eleventh Circuit
Precedent, Ian D. Forsythe — Brief on law up to 1998.
- Right of Defense Against
Unlawful Arrest — You have the right to resist.
- Right to Counsel of Choice — You have the
right to counsel by anyone, not just licensed attorneys.
- Right to Self-representation, by
Paul Grant — You have the right to represent yourself.
- Private Criminal Prosecutions
— Provides cites for recent cases involving use of private criminal
- Federal Jurisdiction— by
- Uncertainties of the Income Tax
— by Larry Becraft. You might be able to use this in your tax case. Also
see the following letters that you might use as a model.
- Letter 1
- Letter 2
- Historical Test: The Judicial Standard
Emerging from Colonial Political and Religious History to be Applied to
Constitutional Challenges Based on the Religion Clauses of the First Amendment,
by Tayra de la Caridad Antolick © May 2002
- Appeal Brief in Matson v. Thomas, John Valentine
(1720) — Oldest known legal brief in British North America, got precedent that British colonists in North America had inherited the rights of Englishmen, laying the foundation for the American War of Independence.
Also see Law Libraries for
briefs associated with pleadings and organized by constitutional right.