The folllowing are analyses of the principles of constitutional
republican government and how the works in the Liberty Library collection
contributed to the development of understanding of them.
- Natural Law and the Law of Nations
- Social Contract and Militia
- Liberty, Metaphor, and Mechanism: "checks
and balances" and the origins of modern constitutionalism, David Wootton
(2003). (In MS Word version, click on an endnote exponent to open the endnotes
- Founders and Original Understanding
- Deliberation and Consent
- Separation and Balance of Power
- Protecting Rights and Limiting Powers
- Representation, Election, and Referendum
- Jurisdiction and Due Process
For newcomers to the subject.
- How to render documents Short manual
on scanning printed documents and converting them into web pages.
Our source documents often contain foreign language passages requiring
translation and transliteration. We have collected links to these to aid in
making comments and corrections and to acknowledge assistance we receive in